Crowd Control is an advanced Shopify application developed to help successful Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns use their Shopify store to:
- Collect shipping and product details from backers.
- Increase funding via the sale of additional items to backers.
- Access the world's best solutions for customer and delivery management.
Crowd Control is not a fulfillment service.
Getting started (simplified checklist)
- Create products on Shopify to match the items offered during your campaign (these items should be labeled as product type 'reward').
- Create multiple collections on Shopify using survey templates to represent each of the pledge levels of your campaign and include relevant reward and add-on items for each.
- Customize the survey templates.
- Import backer data into Crowd Control.
- Customize survey notifications.
- Create surveys in the app by linking pledge levels to an appropriate Shopify collection.
- Send surveys.
Crowd Control charges $.25/backer processed through the application and a 5% commission for the purchase of add-ons made at the time of survey completion.
Per backer fees are billed to your Shopify monthly subscription.
5% fee is billed via Stripe.
A campaign with 1000 backers would pay $250 in backer fees. If that same project had $100k in funding, then had $10k in add-ons sales through Crowd Control, the add-on fees* would be $500 ($10k @ 5%).
Total Crowd Control fees = $750
*Store owners are responsible for applicable payment processing fees.