Create a new project on Crowd Control for each crowdfunding campaign to better manage backers.
New projects can be created via the app dashboard. The dashboard is the home page for the app and can also be accessed via the link in the main menu.
To create a new project, click “create new project” and follow the prompts.
- Project name (for admin use only) – used to separate projects within Crowd Control (is not seen by backers).
- Project name (as seen by backers in email correspondence) – this information is placed within the survey notifications sent to backers via Crowd Control.
- Project type – the project's funding source, i.e. Kickstarter or Indiegogo (Note: Kickstarter and Indiegogo data cannot be mixed within one project. If an Indiegogo InDemand campaign follows Kickstarter it must have its own project within the app.)
- Start/end date – the start and end dates of a Kickstarter/Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign.
- Project categories – the categories used to define a project on Kickstarter/Indiegogo.
Crowd Control supports the management of multiple crowdfunding projects for the same store. Each new campaign should be designated as its own project within Crowd Control to optimize functionality and backer management.
This contact information is for account reference only and is not shared with backers.
- $.25/backer fee – per backer fees are incurred when survey notifications have been sent from the app and are billed alongside a store's regular Shopify subscription fees within app-related charges.
- 5% add-on commission – billed through Stripe in weekly intervals as needed. Fee only applies to purchases made by backers during survey completion. Fee does not apply to purchases made by backers or regular customers at any other time.
Select the live theme for a store to install its compatible survey template files. If creating a new project, the previous project's theme will be selected by default but no template files will be installed. If the theme has changed since the previous project then a new theme should be selected for template installation.