Unique survey links are delivered to backer emails via survey notifications that are customized and controlled via the surveys page. Automated reminders are sent to unresponsive backers. Survey notification templates can be customized with a variety of options for each project.
On this page:
Survey notifications containing unique survey links are sent to backers using the email addresses obtained through the imported backer reports. Three types of notification templates can be customized for each project with all backers receiving the same notifications as needed.
The three types of notifications are:
- Initial notifications
- Reminder notifications
- Final notifications
The following settings are customized for each project and apply to all three notification types:
- Sender name - the name that appears on notifications.
- Sender email - the email address that appears on notifications.
- Number of reminders - the total amount of reminders that will be sent to unresponsive backers (maximum of 5).
- Reminder intervals (in days) - the frequency of reminder messages sent to unresponsive backers.
- Logo - the logo included at the top of all notifications (maximum 150 px wide).
The following options can be customized independently within each notification type (see the image below for reference):
- A) Email subject
- B) Pre-header text
- C) Banner image (maximum 700 px wide, maximum file size 2MB)
- D) Call to action text
- E) Reward description*
- F) Button text
* Reward descriptions are defined when creating surveys (next step in survey setup) and not in the notification design process.
The initial survey notification is sent to all backers within a pledge level based on a manual initiation by the store within the app. The sending of the initial survey notification also triggers the timer for automated reminder notifications.
Reminder notifications are sent based on the project's defined settings to backers that have not completed their survey. Reminder notifications will continue until a backer has completed their survey or all scheduled reminders have been sent.
An optional, manually triggered final notification can be sent to unresponsive backers within a pledge level once all automated reminder notifications have been sent.