Curated collections serve as the landing pages for all backer surveys. All pledge levels should be represented as unique collections on Shopify featuring a relevant product assortment and using a survey template. Pledge levels offering similar products are commonly combined into a single collection for survey-use.
On this page:
- Each pledge level and its products should be represented by a unique collection created on Shopify.
- Collections should use a survey template that can be selected within theme templates > collection template.
- A survey can be previewed by viewing the collection.
A collection's title can be useful for managing survey collections. When creating a new collection, the title text will become the default URL and page title seen by backers but these details can be changed by editing the website SEO at the bottom of the collection editor.
Choosing between a manual or automated collection type can only be done when creating a new collection. Using the manual collection type is usually easiest for surveys but the automated collection type can provide some creative controls for products.
The conditions for automated collection types can be edited after creation.
A collection's design and features are controlled by the template being used. Template files specially designed to provide a guided survey experience are installed on a store's live theme when creating a project within the app and can be selected when creating/editing a collection.
The following collection templates are available for survey use:
Most stores will use the same template (A, B, or C) for all backer surveys within a project.
Collection descriptions are not displayed to backers during surveys. This section should be reserved for use with advanced features for reward bundle functionalities.
Products will be shown in surveys based on the order in which they are sorted in a collection. Products used as rewards are given priority and are automatically placed at the top of survey pages for backers. Any non-reward product added to a collection will be available for add-on purchases by backers.
The use and display of collection images are not supported by survey templates.
Enhanced functionalities can be accessed by adding some custom code to a collection's description using the HTML editor.
Pledge levels that feature multiple quantities of the same product can add custom code to the description of a collection to replicate how many times a product is displayed to backers.
Example 1: Pledges with multiple quantities of the same product
- Backers of Pledge Level A are supposed to get 3 x product Black Pen.
- The Pens product has no variants.
- Adding the code <products_qty>black-pen-3x</products_qty> to the description's HTML editor will make it so three Black Pen items are added to the backer's cart.
Example 2: Pledges with multiple quantities of a product with variant options
- Backers of Pledge Level B are supposed to get 3 x product Wool Socks.
- The Socks product has four different color variants.
- Adding the code <products_qty>wool-sock-3x</products_qty> to the description's HTML editor will make it so backers can choose their preferred color for all three Wool Socks.
More detailed instructions for reward bundle coding can be found here.